To check the real time evolutions concerning international mobility all over of the world, discover the GoWork – COVID-19 Digital Card.
Update: May 6th, 2020
Flight suspension and curfew extension
What is the change?
Iraq recently extended the flight suspension and curfew to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Inbound and outbound flights are suspended until May 22.
- The curfew has also been extended until May 22. A partial curfew, from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., is in place on the following days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Individuals that don’t wear masks and gloves will be fined.
The flight suspension and curfew extension will impact the movement of people into Iraq and the movements of people who are already there.
Update: April 24th, 2020
Mandatory military base government contractor testing
What is the change?
New regulations will soon be announced requiring that all government contractors at Iraq military bases conduct COVID-19 tests.
- Under the new regulations, monthly COVID-19 tests will be conducted by government contractors. When required by the Ministry of Health, they will also confirm test validity.
- Government contractors will also be required report employees with COVID-19 symptoms and test them immediately.
- Quarantine facilities at bases should be made by government contractors in the event there are positive test results. The Ministry of Health will perform regular monitoring of COVID-19 patients at the bases.
- Fees for government COVID-19 testing have not yet been confirmed. The Ministry of Health in Anbar has begun training personnel in COVID-19 detection using PCR devices.
Earlier this month, the government extended the suspension of flights to and from Iraq and a nationwide lockdown to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
The testing requirement is intended to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 between military bases and from them to the civilian population. The response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to develop, and Deloitte will provide additional updates as information becomes available. Please check Deloitte’s COVID-19 Digital Map, available here, for information on travel restrictions and immigration changes in other countries.