To check the real time evolutions concerning international mobility all over of the world, discover the GoWork – COVID-19 Digital Card.
Update : April 17th, 2020
Travel restrictions issued
What is the change?
The Cameroon government has announced travel restrictions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Effective from March 18, all borders are closed to travel from air, land and sea.
- Cameroonians who are abroad may return to Cameroon, but first they must visit a Cameroonian embassy in the foreign country where they are staying.
- Recent travelers to Cameroon have been placed in 14-day quarantines at designated hotels in Yaounde and Douala.
- Visas to Cameroon are no longer being issued, but Work permits and Residence permits can still be obtained. At the moment, it isn’t known how much permit processing times are being impacted by the emergency.
- Government offices remain open at this time but access to them is limited.
The new travel restrictions will impact the movement of people into Cameroon. Employers should account for affected travelers and rearrange travel schedules accordingly. Delays may occur for consular and in-country processing.
For more information about tax measures in Cameroon: click here